Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cheat Day Recipes, Pasta Edition... Alfredo, Carbonara

I cannot tell you how many times I get asked for my Alfredo recipe. I posted it on my other blog some time back, but I haven't posted it on this blog or added pictures, so I figured it's about time. I will start by saying that I do not measure anything when I cook this... I just add until it looks right; therefore you may have to adjust the measurements a tad.


Chicken Alfredo




3 tbsp. of butter
3 cloves of garlic
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

pasta of choice
protein of choice

extra parmesan for topping

In a saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic, and cook until soft.

Add cream, and bring to a low boil.

Add cheese, cut heat down, and stir until cheese has melted.

Season with salt and pepper- you do not need a lot of salt, but I add A LOT of pepper!

Add past to saucepan and stir. Top with Grilled Protein and shredded cheese.

Serve with crusty garlic bread and salad :)



This one is relatively new to me. I have come to LOVE this one almost more than alfredo.


Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara

Ingredients:

3 slices of bacon, diced
3 tbsp. butter
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of cream cheese
splash of cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
fresh basil

protein of choice
pasta of choice

In a saucepan, cook bacon and garlic in butter until bacon is cooked.

Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add parmesan and cream. Whisk until you have a sauce consistency. I like mine thick.

Toss in pasta and grilled chicken and shrimp.

Top with fresh basil and parmesan.

Serve with crusty garlic bread and a salad!



No comments:

Post a Comment