Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mango Salsa (for Sarah Wells)

This has become one of my most favorite condiments!! I like to eat this on top of fish tacos, with cous cous, or as I did last night, on a blackened fish po-boy with a little pepperjack cheese and horseradish sour- cream sauce : )

Mango Salsa

2 mangos, diced
1 shallot (or 1/4 of a red onion), minced
2- 4 cloves of garlic (i like 4), minced
1 jalapeno, minced (with seeds, i like the heat)
a few pinches of cilantro, roughly chopped
1-2 limes (depends on the juciness)
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Add lime juice until all ingredients are evenly coated with juice.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with your favorite dish; i.e. fish tacos!

I've seen a lot of variations of this. Most people like to add avocado. However, I do not eat avocado so it will not be getting added to mine.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Ashley for putting this up for me! I can't wait to get the ingredients and try this!

    ReplyDelete