Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hello World : - )

After a little thinking, I decided I would start blogging again. Lately, I have been experimenting in the kitchen with some of my own recipes and I decide I needed someone to share my experiments with. I also wanted to start blogging again because I am a teacher and a children's minister and I have a lot going on that I would like to share (and then have something to look back on to remember what I did for what lesson). For example, my door decorations, bulletin board ideas, lesson ideas, and ideas for events at church that are, for example, more meaningful to kids than an Easter Egg. It may be a little boring really until next school year starts, but I will need time to practice blogging again.

Warning: I am an English teacher but I overuse commas, never remember to use capitalization, and I am a terrible speller (good thing spell check is my best friend!!).

5 comments:

  1. You're hilarious. I will read your blog faithfully but will stop promising to start writing on mine again... it never actually happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know your were ELA too! This is my 1st year in 5th grade ELA but I love it and want to stick with it. Oh and I totally need your door and room decoration ideas, I'm a Psychology major and have zero sense of cute teacher things haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin- you have a child. in other words, you have a wonderful target to blog about : )

    Emily - I teach reading and English. I love, love it! For the first semester, we were self contained and I hated it. At somepoint, I will go back and add some past school things so keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to hear about your children's ministry ideas! I have been working with the kids on Wednesday nights and have so many ideas! Just don't know how to carry them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will posting some at some point, soon. Right now, on Wednesday evenings, we are doing a program called AWANA.

    ReplyDelete