Saturday, May 1, 2010

Panther Basketball

I have spent several Saturdays this semester in St. Francisville and Baton Rouge watching a special group of boys play basketball. I'll have to admit, at first I was like ugh, I really do not want to drive to St. Fran.... but then after the first game, I was hooked. These boys are so competitive. They are also hilarious, smart, and so sweet (just do not tell them I used that adjective to describe them). I got to know these fellas in the classroom but became attached to them after watching them play basketball. I have parents asking me at all of the games how I let the boys talk me into coming to see them, and the truth is, it doesn't take much begging.

They have moved on from the st. fran league and are now playing AAU. They haven't won an AAU game until today. I finally was able to make it to one of these games bright and early this morning and had the privilege of seeing them win the first one. They went on to win the rest of their games today and will play for the championship tomorrow. I took a few pictures today and played with them on picnik. Here are my results.


The team and coaches! 


The team right after they won their first game of the day.

Peace and Geaux Panthers. 

1 comment:

  1. just realized all four of the posters made it in the pictures! more posters will be introduced next week! going to start on them monday morning!

    ReplyDelete